Saturday, January 5, 2013

Behind the scene of Turquoise

Morning!

I've done my second exam this morning and got to do the third exam on noon.. it should be my spare time to study, but my brain is too tired to remembered the subject sooooo I write this post to calm down my head

When I look at my self today, I realize that my stuff's full of turquoise color. No, it doesn't meant that I like the color that much.. because I like blue and pastel color for sure ;)

Speak of which, do you remember my post about Museum about one month ago? On that museum, there's a mineral called Turquoise too.

"Turquoise is an opaque, blue-to-green mineral that is a hydrous phosphate of copper and aluminium, with the chemical formula CuAl6(PO4)4(OH)8·4H2O. It is rare and valuable in finer grades and has been prized as a gem and ornamental stone for thousands of years owing to its unique hue. In recent times, turquoise, like most other opaque gems, has been devalued by the introduction of treatments, imitations, and synthetics onto the market.

The substance has been known by many names, but the word turquoise, which dates to the 16th century, is derived from an Old French word for "Turkish", because the mineral was first brought to Europe from Turkey, from the mines in historical Khorasan Province of Iran. Pliny the Elder referred to the mineral as callais, the Iranians named it "pirouzeh" and the Aztecs knew it as Teoxihuitl."

I got the info from Wikipedia
 
Surprisingly the Turquoise (mineral) is came or first known from Turkey. How far far away~ maybe that's why some mosque on Iran has a turquoise for their domes. Not only for domes, you can use turquoise for accesories: ring, bracelet, etc.
 
The phrase "Turquoise" is refers for the waters of the Caribbean, which are shallow and therefore take on the color in sunlight. Sunlight, beach, holiday.. perfect! *sigh* Oh, the gemstone turquoise represents the sign Sagittarius, which is my sign. A-ha! One is related for another, interesting! :D

Here's my stuff with turquoise color on it


I bought flashlight on turquoise color for KKN yesterday.... Ah, I'll talk about KKN on another post.

 
See you soon, people!

xoxo
 
 
 
I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their color. --Malcolm X 

No comments:

Post a Comment